This course aims to raise awareness of the contribution consumers and community members make and the value they can add when they are involved as active partners in health research. It covers the foundations of consumer and community involvement in research.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Understand the value of consumer and community involvement in research
- Be aware of the contribution consumers/community members can make to research when actively involved
- Be able to identify how and where consumers/community members can contribute to research using different methods for involvement
- Understand what is needed to have in place to begin
- Be aware of a range of tools available to support involvement activities
Throughout the course there are a range of tips, good practice stories and optional short videos of varying lengths (less than 2 mins) that provide suggestions and ideas for implementing consumer and community involvement in research.
At the conclusion of this course
- All lessons need to be completed and marked as complete
- All quizzes/assessments need to be successfully passed
- A personalised certificate will be generated for you at the end of the final activity
- You will have the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions
This course is presented by
Anne McKenzie AM and Bec Hanley.
Anne and Bec will provide extra tips and helpful advice throughout the course.